Scientist Vaccine Design
Intravacc is the place in the Netherlands to work on the development and production of vaccines that are valuable for global healthcare. As an established Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with over 100 years of experience, Intravacc offers a wide range of expertise to independently develop and manufacture innovative vaccines for partners around the world, including (inter)national governments, public health organizations (WHO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation), biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
Within the department of Translational Research (TR) we have a challenging opening for a:
Scientist Vaccine Design
Vacancy number: 082022
The department Translational Research (TR) is involved with the development of innovative vaccine concepts from discovery up to preclinical proof of concept for prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines. The main focus within TR is on the company’s proprietary outer membrane vesicles (OMV) vaccine platform. This emerging vaccine platform has significant advantages over other vaccine platforms, and can be used for the development of various vaccine concepts e.g. by expressing, mixing or conjugating antigens (protein and peptides) to OMV.
We are looking for a Scientist with experience in protein engineering for in silico designing and subsequent in vitro testing of innovative vaccine candidates, within a team that is responsible for the development and preclinical testing of new vaccine concepts. The successful candidate will play a key role in advancing state-of-the art vaccines within the Intravacc pipeline. You are a team player and capable to solve complex topics. Besides this, you will contribute to all other activities within TR.
- PhD in bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science utilized for rational design of antigens
- Hands on experience for at least 3 years in structural or computational biology, biological chemistry or a related discipline with a proven record of synthetic peptide and protein design
- Preferably experience with Alphafold
- Knowledge and hands-on experience for at least 3 years in experimental and data driven approaches in antigen engineering and their translation to biotherapeutics
- Affinity with in vitro assays for selection of vaccine candidates
- You are pro-active and have a scientific drive to broaden your expertise
- You have good communication skills
You will become part of an enthusiastic team within an innovative growing company that makes a substantial contribution to global healthcare. You will have plenty of opportunities to further professionalize the organization and to develop yourself – both technically and personally.
A long-term position with initial employment for 1 year. We offer a good salary, dependent on education and experience, including 8% holiday allowance and an additional 8.3 % End of Year payment.
For further information about the position you can contact Dinja Oosterhoff PhD, Vice President R&D, telephone: 030-79 20492. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please send an email to Human Resources, email@example.com.
Do you recognize yourself in this vacancy? Then you might become our new colleague!
Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Do not wait too long because the vacancy will close as soon as we have found the right candidate.
No agencies, please