Intravacc is specialized in the development and production of vaccines that are valuable for global healthcare. As an established Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with over 100 years of experience, Intravacc offers a wide range of expertise to independently develop and manufacture innovative vaccines for partners around the world, including (inter)national governments, public health organizations (WHO , Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation), biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
(40 hours a week)
Vacancy number: 032023
The department Product Characterization & Formulation (PCF) focuses on the development of analytical methods and stable formulations for vaccine candidates. The quality, efficacy and safety of these vaccine candidates are assessed by biochemical and immunological techniques and by preclinical and clinical studies.
To strengthen the PCF department, we are looking for a full-time research technician in the Biochemistry & Biophysics team. In this function, you play a central role in the development of analytical methods to assess the quality of vaccine candidates. Key activities include:
- The development of immunochemical, immunological and molecular assays, such as ELISA, biosensor analysis, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, total protein determination, virus titration, enzyme activity assays, DLS, fluorescence and circular dichroism
- Sample measurement of experimental candidate vaccine batches and formulation studies
- Design and execution of assay validation studies
- Writing standard operating procedures, analyzing research data and drafting reports
You are an enthusiastic research technician with a high sense of responsibility, who can work independently but also in a team. You are willing to serve the vaccine development projects by delivering project tasks within time.
- Completed education (HBO BSc or university BSc) in the field of life sciences, biology, medical biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or pharmacy
- Relevant research experience with a strong biochemical and immunological background of at least 3 years
- Familiar with immunological, biochemical and biophysical techniques, such as ELISA, biosensor analysis, qPCR, DLS, Fluorescence, circular dichroism, Western blotting and/or cell culture
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Experience in working in a BSL 2 laboratory is an advantage
- Familiar with GMP regulations in the pharmaceutical industry is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Proactive and independent
- Organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to independently plan, organize, coordinate, manage and execute assigned tasks
- Flexible and agile, capable of handling changing priorities
Vaccine development, biochemistry, immunology, ELISA, qPCR, cell culture.
You will be part of a small enthusiastic team within an innovative company that contributes to worldwide healthcare.
The role will be a one-year contract with outlook for permanent position (or internal relocation). We offer a good salary dependent on education and experience, including 8% holiday allowance and an additional 8.3 % End of Year payment.
For further information about the position you can contact Bernard Metz, Director Product Characterization & Formulation (telephone: 030-79 20485, email: email@example.com). For questions regarding the recruitment process, please send an email to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a challenging new position in a bio-pharmaceutical environment working together with 100+ dedicated colleagues? This might be the job for you! Please send your résumé and a covering letter stating why you wish to join us to email@example.com.