Head of Manufacturing
The Netherlands-based Intravacc is one of the world’s leading institutes for translational vaccinology. As an established independent CDMO organization with many years of experience in the development and optimization of vaccines and vaccine technologies, Intravacc has transferred its technology all over the globe, including oral polio vaccines, measles vaccines, and DPT, Hib and influenza vaccines.
We design and develop vaccines, improve production processes for vaccines and prepare drug substances to enable pre-clinical and clinical studies at cGMP-level under our Vaccine Development Pathway or VDP process. Intravacc collaborates with universities, government institutions, biotech and pharma companies world-wide.
We are looking for a Head of Manufacturing with relevant managerial skills within the life sciences industry.
Reports to: COO
Direct reports: Production Manager and Clean Room Coordinator
- Responsible for the coordination and professionalization of the activities within the Manufacturing department.
- Ensure the availability, maintenance and qualification of production facilities (equipment, systems, utilities and areas/locations within the Manufacturing department), by cooperating with various departments such as Facilities and Quality Assurance.
- Make sure that the activities are carried out in accordance with the applicable quality and safety requirements.
- Make sure that sufficient resources are available within the Manufacturing department and identify in a timely manner possible bottlenecks.
- The quality of the activities is ensured by timely signalling and taking (delegated) action regarding to deviations/risk situations and taking adequate measures to correct or prevent such situations.
- Monitoring and leading change projects (including change control).
- BSc or MSc level, able to develop the GMP-culture (process-based and structural) and guide the organization into further professionalization.
- Senior level managerial skills within the life sciences industry.
- Entrepreneurship, an analytical mind and an inspiring and motivating leader.
- Experience in efficiency and quality improvement projects.
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken), Dutch (advantage).
We offer a good salary, dependent on education and experience, including 8% holiday allowance and an additional 8.3 % End of Year payment.
Please contact HR at email@example.com
Are you looking for a challenging new position in a bio-pharmaceutical environment? Working together with 150 dedicated colleagues? This might be the job for you!
Please send your résumé and a covering letter stating why you wish to join us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies, please