Director Business Development
Intravacc is the place in the Netherlands to work on the development and production of vaccines that are valuable for global healthcare. As an established Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with over 100 years of experience, Intravacc offers a wide range of expertise to independently develop and manufacture innovative vaccines for partners around the world, including (inter)national governments, public health organizations (WHO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation), biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
Director Business Development
(40 hours per week)
Vacancy number: 062023
You will join a team of four colleagues, and be responsible for leading business development projects and drive the growth of the business. The job includes identifying, negotiating and closing existing and new business opportunities in CDMO, as well as partnering and alliance management for out-licensing of products and platforms from Intravacc. You will report to the VP Business Development & Marketing.
Responsibilities and essential duties
- Develop and implement business development strategies to identify and pursue new business opportunities for our CDMO services, as well as out partnering and licensing business.
- Identify and build relationships with potential partners, customers and key opinion leaders in the industry.
- Work closely with the BD team to develop and execute the company’s growth strategy, including identifying new markets and product opportunities.
- Manage long term relationships between Intravacc and its global partners by establishing a high level of trust and collaboration.
- Conduct market research to identify trends and opportunities in the vaccine development and manufacturing industry.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, project management, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, legal, finance and quality assurance to ensure alignment and successful execution of business development initiatives.
- Support tracking, communication and management of key milestones, financial transactions and progress reports to assure compliance with stated plans.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders, including potential partners, customers, and investors.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with partners, customers and suppliers to achieve mutual benefit and maximize value for the company.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and other events to represent the company and develop new business opportunities.
- Drive communication and facilitate decision making for assigned collaborations.
- Become Intravacc’s internal expert on partner companies by building expertise, including company organization/leadership, strategies, financials, priorities using various channels of communication (site visits, conferences, etc.)
- An advanced degree (PhD) in biology, pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology or similar (preferred experience in immunology, vaccines)
- completed training in the field of business administration, marketing or a related field is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in sales, business development, alliance management or project management in biotech sector.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in vaccine development or biotech industry is a plus.
Skills, abilities and attitude
- Strong business acumen
- Excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple alliances/projects/priorities
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to set priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience working in teams with strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel.
You will become part of an enthusiastic team within an innovative growing company that makes a substantial contribution to global healthcare. You will have plenty of opportunities to further professionalize the organization and to develop yourself – both technically and personally.
We offer a long-term position and a good salary, dependent on education and experience, including 8% holiday allowance and additional 8.3 % End of Year payment.
For further information about the position you can contact Dr. Frieda Gerdes, Vice President Business Development & Marketing (mobile: 31 6 52 86 06 47. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please send an email to Human Resources: email@example.com.
Do you recognize yourself in this vacancy? Then you might become our new colleague!
Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Do not wait too long because the vacancy will close as soon as we have found the right candidate.